25 Days of Gratitude: Question 10 (Life Changing Opportunities)

Question: What opportunities have changed your life?

When I think of which opportunities truly changed my life for the better I think of the following:: 


  1. Having a sick parent. My mother struggled with bipolar disorder throughout her life as well as the physical illness towards the end of her life. She died young (age 57), and her life taught the importance of caring for others through your ability to compassionate and empathize with what they are going through. Her pain led me to always wanted to connect and care for others. My father is now battling Parkinson's, and I am reminded of the lessons learned during my mother's illnesses. 
  2. Moving a lot during childhood. I think this is why I seek change and enjoy change when it comes. It also afforded me the opportunity to meet a lot of people and led me to be able to work and be friends with a diverse group of people. 
  3. Always going to good schools and living in good neighborhoods throughout my life. I simply would not be where I am today without this. The schools that I attended helped me to develop a deep love of learning and lead to me becoming a lifelong learner. 
  4. Living in California. So much different that the East Coast. I truly think I would be a different person if I never lived there. 
  5. Meeting my Sweetie. When we first met, it was online, and we spoke for three months before seeing each other in person or even a picture of each other. Eleven years later we are still going strong, and I have learned how important having a healthy relationship is in the life of a human being. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?