Starting a New


Thank You For Giving Me This Day

I may never see tomorrow
There's no written guarantee
And things that happened yesterday,
Belong to history.

I cannot change the future,
I cannot change the past,
I have just the present moment,
I must treat it as my last.

I must use this moment wisely,
For it soon will pass away
And be lost to me forever,
As part of yesterday.

I must exercise compassion,
Help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend unto the friendless,
Make an empty life complete.

The unkind things I do today
May never be undone,
And friendships that I fail to win,
May never more be won.

I may not have another chance.
On bended knee to pray.
And thank God with humble heart
For giving me this day.

--- Author Unknown
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?