Shelter from the Storm - A Student is a Human Being

Shelter from the Storm on Vimeo

This week I was blessed to read very personal papers from my students regarding diversity and their childhoods. This video and their stories reminds me of the great diversity a teacher will see in their classroom; and the heavy burden we have to make sure we are reaching each student, regardless of their age in some way. I am thankful that my students feel comfortable sharing their stories with me for it helps me understand them, therefore, making it easier for me to TEACH them. 

Word to the Wise: A student is a human being, a full package, that needs encouragement and support. They are more than number, teaching academics is not enough! We must help them live a life worth living! 

No student-child, teen, or adult should have to feel like they are in a tornado while attending school. 

If we fail to prove our students with the skills that will help them thrive as human being, not just one who can take a test; we sentence them to a life not worth living. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?