Do You Stifle or Inspire?


"Everyone is capable of being original, inspiring and connected, at least once. And everyone is capable of leading, yes, even more than once." -Seth Godin 

I love how Godin mentions how leadership resides in all of us, unfortunately, many stifle this with a pyramid approach to living: only a few are allowed to make decisions. When we stifle another person's capacity to lead, we send them the message that we do not value their thoughts and opinions. The message sent says, "There are insignificant."

If you want to see a person thrive, trust them to step up to the  plate and take the lead. In order for any organization to thrive, you must have leaders at all levels. Leadership through a few often fails and creates a rocky road for most! 

Comments

  1. I hope you have counted me as one who inspires rather than stifles. I continue to be inspired by your vision for what the Early Childhood program can be. While the attainment of the program here for the fall seems at an impass, I would love to pursue a discussion how to advance. We have middle states this week, but I can make some time in the next week or so if that will work for you. Thanks again for this blog, it challenges me to continue to reflect on what I need to be and how I need to lead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?