The Power of a Teacher-Reflections of an Educator

"The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called the "truth.”  -Dan Rather 

As we approach the month dedicated to teachers, I am reminded of the power of a teacher.  A great teacher is one that you never forget in spirit.  You may forget their name, but you will never forget the energy they gave you to give best. 

All too often, you hear of teachers who do the opposite, those that burn rather than build. 

The great ones are simply magical.  They meet you in your dreams and whisper to you, "Keep going!" 

When defeat or failure is at your door, you hear thunderous roar-"Try again." 

Although I cannot remember all of my teachers names, except one (Dr. Susan Miller), I do remember what they gave me. 

They taught me to be compassionate with my students with a dose of truth.  They taught me that it is better to build up, than to tear down a human being.  They taught me to NEVER lose my "inner child" and find a way to always put great energy into my work. 

For this, I am forever grateful. 


In honor of them I dedicate this You Tube to them:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?