5 Things I Wish I Knew When I was 20

In article by Marc and Angel entitled: 25 Things I would Tell My 20-Year-Old-Self, the authors provide 25 things that most of us wish we knew when we were 20. 

As I approach my 40th birthday, I find myself thinking more about what has occurred during the past 20 years of my life. Between 20-40 most adults have to deal with a tremendous amount of change that can impact their mid-life years, positively and negatively. If I could go back in future and talk with my 20-year-old self, I would share the following five thoughts from the article: 


  1. Stand up for yourself. Life is full of BULLIES. They can a friend, a family member, or someone in the workplace. Over the past 39 years, I have learned that we must become assertive and this is not negotiable. Otherwise you will be walked over for most of your life. 
  2. If you can make a reasonable living doing what you love, DO WHAT YOU LOVE. Never work a job you cannot find joy in doing! Over the past 19 years working as adult I have always tried to work jobs that I loved. When we do this we find that we are less stressed and less likely to get ill. 
  3. Buy fewer things. Buying things that we really do not need only leads to clutter and debt. Both of wish will make you UNHAPPY! 
  4. Don't merely exist.....LIVE. Life is meant to be lived PASSIONATELY. When people speak of you they should think of someone who is energetic, happy, passionate, and one who stretches beyond their comfort zone. 
  5. Read more. The knowledge learned from reading is something no one can take from you and it is the one thing that can enhance your life. Reading allows you to open your horizon to new things, become an expert in familiar things, and gives you an opportunity to do something that often relieves stress. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?