A Review of Seattle Times' Under Our Skin

This morning during my daily review of various blogs I follow I discovered the Seattle Times' project entitled, Under Our Skin. This was truly one of best projects I have seen in regarding the topic race. 

The project highlights 18 interviewees thoughts on the following concepts: institutional racism, a person of color, racist, ally, microaggression, all lives matter, politically correct, colorblindness, safe spaces, safe spaces, diversity, white privilege and white frailty.  

It was refreshing to see such diverse perspectives on these topics in a way that helps us understand how different we think about concepts around race. This is critical to our current perceptions about race and ultimately reminds us of the importance of having authentic was we could discuss the concept of race. 

Also, I found the addition of a video narrative of each of the participants very important in that it helped me to understand who they were as human beings. 

The entire documentary takes around an hour to an hour and a half to view. I would definitely encourage that each video is viewed and then share with others as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?