The Wisdom of the Grind





Fighting your inner demons, dealing with frustrations of outside influences and your fear of being a catalyst of change is exhausting on the body. It often causes your body to rebel and cause great pain. This cycle of pain often comes when changes occur in your life.

As an educator I am torn by inner desire to give those that I come across 100% percent, yet find that my bucket is not always full when I needed.

Waiting for bucket filler is not productive and must remember what is most important for me: making sure that people are seen as human being first and problems second. Whether you are working with a child or an adult it makes no difference.

The cycle of change must be fueled with three things: compassion and what Eric Thomas calls...."Rise and Grind."

When we "rise and grind" we know that change requires you to first look at yourself to find out how what you can change in yourself to improve the situation you seek to improve. It is about taking ownership and understanding we have a some part in a difficult situation.

As I official get closer to getting my dissertation proposal approved I feel like I am being derailed by OPP. Then I realize that the OPP was there long before I started my dissertation and will be there long after I complete it.

One thing is true, I must add one more thing to the rise and grind formula-let go and let God. I know why exist and I have a mission for everyday of my life. Caring is exhausting, but necessary. Luckily I know that what I do is not in vain.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?