My Mountain of Fear



On this cold December evening, my heart is rattled with fear. As PhD student who is embarking my journey of getting their dissertation proposal completed, I find myself struggling with fear. 

Although I know this is part of the process and I will meet it several times along my journey; I am troubled by its power on me. 

Fear can have positive and negative effects on your life. It can move you up the mountain or quickly down via a landslide. 

The challenge is to manage that fear and use it for the great good. There are only four steps to facing your fear. 

  • One-You must acknowledge it. 
  • Two-You must face it. 
  • Three-You must be patient. 
  • Four-You must share your road to overcoming your fear with others

So tonight, I acknowledge that I am rattled with fear and feel that I may have to start over if I cannot get the permissions I need to move forward. My inner, inner voice tells me; it will come, but my outer self says, "Be worried." 


The poem by Marianne Williamson is an old friend of mine. 14 years ago I was I believe first introduced to her work and it always resonated with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?