Reflections from A Brand New Me



Alicia Key's Brand New Me is my new anthem for life. As I take time to reflect my journey over the past 39 1/2 years I realize that I have gone through and overcome many challenges. I am thankful for all the wonderful adult role models, great parents, and friends who helped me during my journey to a "Brand New Me". 

Without them I could never have done the following: 
  1. Commit my life works (passion) to something worth doing and will impact many: teaching and help others achieve their goals.
  2. The courage to speak up when I disagree with people, yet still respect and love them as human being. 
  3. To remain drug free. 
  4. Survived school- High School, BA, M.Ed. and PhD-coursework all while having to deal with very challenging circumstances (mother's illnesses and death, my father's Parkinson, challenging bosses, and one step from being truly homeless). 
  5. The ability to take ownership for the choices I make about how I live my life and own them. Excuses not allowed. 
  6. The ability to have deep and mature relationships with people.
The two decades after high school were very trying and as a result had tremendous growth as a human being. I cannot wait to turn 40 in June because it will signify a life that was live passionately, ever moving forward. My motto is: You are allowed one pity party in life, then you must dust yourself off and say I am worthy and I will achieve the goals I set for myself. We just need to remember that life is meant to live forward. Although reflection of the past is necessary, we should never allow ourselves to become stuck in rut. Seeking a "Brand New Me"  is something we should reach for as we move from the storms in our lives into the sunshine we deserve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?