Moving Beyond Our Limits: What I learned from John C. Maxwell's No Limits Book
Recently I had the pleasure of reading John C. Maxwell's Book, " No Limits: Blow the Cap Off Your Capacity ." If I were rich, I would buy a copy for every student I teach and/or mentor for the rest of my life. His latest book is that powerful. His book is broken into three main sections: Awareness, Ability, and Choices. All three are essential to our ability to reach our capacity and move beyond it. Often the daily stress of life leads us to believe that many things we desire to achieve are not achievable. Most are, and the difficult ones often can be made when we see beyond what we think or have been told is our capacity. John C. Maxwell's book looks at our current obtained capabilities into seven distinct capabilities: energy, emotional, thinking, people, creative, production, and leadership. Here are few things that stood out for me in this section of the book: The concept of the Triple R's: Requirement, Return, and Reward "Dysfunctional people w...
Really try to grasp why and how this is happening in the country. I learned today that in Pennsylvania, where I live, the deal Philadelphia made with Ackerman had to be completely funded by the school district, after the private donors back out of the deal. Just shy of a million was given in the payout.
ReplyDeleteWhat's worst, it was only three or four months ago when Philadelphia stated that they had a 600,000 shortfall in their budget after the Corbett budget cuts this year. So where did the 900,000 come from?
The governor and president needs to put a stop to this type of practice. Money for schools should go to the SCHOOLS so that they can provide the STUDENTS with a high quality program and the TEACHER with adequate compensation!