No More.........Time to Resist the Temptation (A Confession)


Today I was reminded of the ugly side of most people's personalities including my own: Our ability to continue to be skeptical of the new. The new can be new people to the group, new changes on the horizon, or anything that moves out of comfort zone. Often our ugly side surfaces when we are fearing change or when change is on our door step. It causes us to judge on a few interactions or experiences or even worse the word or experiences of another. 

I hate this SIDE of my personality and I must resist succumbing to it. No more huddles. My head hurt for a good portion of the evening because of my participation in the "huddle." I am disgusted with this and I need to say NO MORE. I know better and should have spoken up to say-"I see it differently."  I will be 42 and need to engage in interactions that uplift, move forward, and make real change happen in my life and the lives of those that affect. 


So on this day, I pledge to work real hard at not engaging in this behavior again. It may result in me being the brunt of the whisper but I rather work towards not being a whisper and do what I was born to be an UPLIFTER. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy-Do You Know What Your Imprint with Be from the Grave?

Manor College's Education LibGuide-Direct Links to Tabs

Reflection: How We Treat Each Other?